Thursday, November 28, 2013

Because Sal and Trust want to be in the blog.

Even tho Sal is Cuban (His words, not mine.  Actually, they might have been Trust's.)

Sal and Trust work the ops desk together at nite.  They have some of the most inane conversations I've ever heard in my life.  Esp when Sal talks because he has no concept of transitions and will just...keep...talking.  Trust is a smart-ass (he's going to take that as a compliment, don't worry) and the two of them together is throughly entertaining.  So, shout out to them.  Hi guys.

Quotes of the however-long-it's-been-since-I-last-posted:

"You and Capt Alford should have a fight.  In jello."

"I'm reasonably certain that if Robin weren't in the Army he'd be a cult leader."

"You have a guy named Tyrone who isn't black and an Asian kid named Kirby White?  I don't even know what to do with that."

So yeah. 

Let's see, what else.  Oh, it's Thanksgiving, and I think I gained 9 pounds today.  They had olive bread and sweet potato pie, I mean, really.  And we had Thai for dinner, because tradtition.  Right?  That's how that goes?  And tomorrow the Christmas music can start!  Yes Anna, still judging.

In addition to family and friends, that is something I'm thankful for - music.  It seriously helps me pass the day and I miss singing so much I can actually feel it.  I have sung offhand a little here for random reasons but I miss REALLY singing.  And maybe in part to remind myself that I can sing for real.

Ben came through!  We were stationed at RAFM together and he's awesome.  He's out in a different area now but he'll be back to visit next week for the conference.

Which, ya know, goes on.  Mini-rant: A pox upon micro management and people who think I care who they are ad they're special enough to not haev to follow the rules.  No people.  It's only partially a joke that I tell boss Colonels around.  I don't care who you are, rtfm and get your shit together.  In the grand scheme of things, who cares about a conference?  It's not life or death I'm annoyed at, it's administrivia.  But I have so little else to do that of COURSE I'm going to want to punch you in the throat when you can follow basic directions and are generally irritating.:  mini-rant over.

And, um...they started a movie list again, of what they think I need to watch.  Two of them, actually.  The ISRD started one and the ISAF SOF guys started one.  So that makes three including the one from IROC.  Apparently I do not get enough cultural references.

We have had some more pilot-y types come through, they continue to be cool.  I continue to try to work out twice a day as my schedule permits.  It's kinda happening.  This week, at least, has been awful when it comes to motivation and energy.  But I figure at least if I keep trying I'm doing something til I'm back to the schedule I like.

Really there have not been nearly enough shenannigans lately.  We need to hijack a gator again or something.

It's getting cold but has yet to snow.  I may miss it completely...good thing Colorado exists.  Speaking of -

Dear Colorado people, I'm coming home soon.  Get up for it.

Dear Maxwell, AL people, I'm headed your way too, in January.  How many of there are you, anyway?

Recent reading:

I finished Redshirts, I forget if I mentioned that.  Then I read Bossypants, which is indeed hilarious, and now I'm reading A Girl of the Limberlost.

On my phone.  The ipad is beyond help at this point.  I could see the cracks sneaking across the screen, devious little buggers, and now I really don't think I can use it without getting teeny tiny glass bits in my fingers.  And quite frankly that sounds unpleasant.

I finished my masters and turned in my thesis and after all that non-guidance and confusing-ness, he gave me an A-.  Well cool!  YAY for being done.

What else? Well, I started mailing things home so I think that means I actually leave soon despite the best efforts of Mac and the flat out denial of Kirby.  And it's good I reused boxes because I totally did not remember my own address.

Anybody want to go to a Flogging Molly Concert in Atlanta in Feb?

I'm actualy much happier than I'm coming across at the moment, just to put your mind at ease mom.  I will even miss people when I'm gone, as much as I'm loking forward to going home.  Rather a bit, cause that's how I roll.

Things we've learned recently:

- I hate making Christmas lists.

- I also hate haggling.

- Said making Christmas lists just encourages me to shop online.  But NO MORE.  Except for other people.

- They blocked this site at work so now I have to actually figure out when to write this thing on purpose.  Hence the delay on this one. 

- How to shuffle.  No, really.  I'm still pretty bad but I can fake it now. 

- The closer I get to leaving the less likely I am to be patient with stupidity.   I need to work on that.

- I also really need to visit Australia.

That is all, I think.  Time for sleeping.

-S.

2 comments:

  1. Colorado person = up for it

    Patience w/stupidity = don't work on it....I'm not and I've been assured by a few very wise people that it'll improve

    Peace out yo

    ReplyDelete